Game Developers Conference Next is just a few weeks away from happening in Los Angeles (November 5th-7th), kicking off the inaugural 'future of games' event.
- The exhibitors: Google, Sony, Microsoft, Samsung, Intel, Qualcomm, Pandora, Technical Illusions, and other major game and app industry players will be there, showing what's next for developers.
- Vendor talks: GREE, Tencent, Intel, Google, and many others will be offering sponsored sessions at the GDC Next and ADC Expo Floor theater, all accessible to anyone with any GDC Next, ADC, or Expo Pass.
- ADC Best in Apps: AppCircus and ADC have partnered to put on the Best in Apps contest, and a hand-selected group of finalists will be presenting their work on the Expo Floor.
- Retro portable gadgets: Remember the Apple Newton? The Videogame History Museum will be presenting a special exhibit called the Museum of Portable Devices, showing the Newton, early Palm products, as well as presenting arcade machines and its classic '80s 'living room' setup
- Get a job: Several major industry companies, including Sony, Insomniac, GREE, and Nexon, will be networking and recruiting for open positions.
- Grab a snack: Recharge your body's batteries with a free smoothie from 10-11am and 2-3pm, afternoon coffee from 3:30-4:15pm, and Happy Hour from 5-6pm.
This new event aims to highlight the future of video game development, with session tracks organized around 'Next Generation Game Platforms', 'Free To Play & New Business Models', and 'Smartphone & Tablet Games', as well as cloud and indie game tracks.
Online registration is in full swing for GDC Next and the co-located ADC; register now and save up to $200 on ADC, GDC Next, or a combined VIP All Access Pass. For all the latest news on GDC Next, subscribe for updates via Facebook, Twitter, or RSS. Also, check out ADC's recently announced design talks: Intel on building scalable and secure APIs for enterprise apps, and ChaiONE on pairing the latest wearable technology with smartphones.